Tuesday, October 20, 2009

To Aphrodite

The first time you left, I hardly felt it. But now tht ur back and leaving again, somehow I cant handle it. I've been really down for quite some time now and I havent been able to figure out why, but I think i just realized it. We met on Shashti and had an amazing time together, but then I said bye and this sinking feeling set in. But still, I thought I'd get to spend another day with you before u leave, but now I'm not even getting tht. Dont get me wrong, I'm not complaining here, I'm just expressing myself.And maybe if I write this note then I'll finally stop crying!(or maybe not...). I know its the pujas and u have to meet a lot of people in a really short time span, but I really wish we had a day together before u left, just the two of us. Ever since class 8 u've been there for me always. We had our share of rough patches, but unlike other relations, the gap didnt alter our friendship at all, it grew stronger every single day, and still does. I'm glad tht I have at least one relation tht time never alters...but ripens! Thank u for everything Aphrodite... for being there for me every time I fell down and for helping me get back up on my feet again.For laughing with me and crying with me...and listening to every tiny thing tht i had to say and solving my problems(over the phone),even in another city. For understanding me or at least trying to understand me while others took a narrow minded approach. For encouraging me in everything tht I'm good at and giving me a rib cracking hug everytime I brought a medal back! For making me feel so loved and important. Its a pretty tough life...what with ppl who u trust constantly backstabbing u and ur dreams being taken away from u when u can almost taste them! But it would have been so much worse without my fairy godmother...my best friend...my sister...my mother...my daughter.... without u...

With love,
Dipabali.

1 comment:

  1. i love this the most for dont know what reason every time i kept thinking of one stereotype person but the last statement changed everything and am overwhelmed....or may be overwhelmed was a bit over the top and this is how one shud feel for....anyway very very very very good i must say

    ReplyDelete